Saturday, June 1, 2013

Meh Moah Ajo

"Good evening".

Since I last posted...
Flights were smooth like butter.
Bag got to the terminal on time.
Met up with other Proworld volunteers and organizers.
Spent the night in Accra.
The other volunteers are so cool and funny and nice. Love them already.
Ate toast for breakfast over horrific flight stories and getting to know others.
Toast is not a very filling breakfast.
Hung out, waiting for the van to arrive (Ghana time is kind of like island time).
Got in the van for a 5 and a half hour long ride to Cape Coast. Ate some fries.
Taught some Fante to the others.
Got to the Proworld house in Cape, met more volunteers/interns.
ATE A BIG DELICIOUS DINNER OF GHANAIAN FOOD THAT I'VE MISSED SO MUCH.
Played cards.
Took a shower.
Now I'm typing this.
Just made some funny faces at my homestay mate.

So, I know that my host family is a single mom with two children, and that at least one other Proworld girl will be living with me for 3 weeks. Not sure if there are other volunteers already living with this family, though, or who might show up later. But the girl is energetic and funny and will be volunteering at a medical clinic.

I'm planning on going to Eguafo the first chance I get, which will probably be Monday or Tuesday. Until then I have to do orientation, get picked up by my host family, and start working. Well, more like learn what it is I'm supposed to be doing exactly, since I still don't really know. I've heard from one girl that I might be doing "everything" and may never really know what my job exactly entails.

In other news...

I'm gonna wear my pretty white Ghanaian dress tomorrow!
I'm gonna eat Ghanaian food tomorrow!
I'm gonna walk the Ghanaian streets tomorrow!
I'm gonna converse with Ghanaian people tomorrow!
Tomorrow! You don't know how long I've been waiting for you!
And tomorrow, I won't be Emily anymore.

Tomorrow, I'll once again be...

Ekuwa
(Girl born on Wednesday).

Not sure about the internet situation, but will keep you "posted" hahahaha oh my gosh, mi ni koom, "I'm tired", but you have to admit that was a pretty good pun...

Yoh, yen koh (da)
Alright, let's go (to sleep)

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment